[jboss-user] [JBoss and NetBeans] - Re: Configuring JBoss 5.0.0.GA in NetBeans 6.5

negora do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 20 19:09:49 EDT 2009

I'm also facing the same problem on NetBeans v. 6.7.1 when developing an Enterprise Application which contains an EJB Module. This is because for the JBoss 5 series many common libraries were moved to the "common/lib" folder of the server root, instead of keeping them on every instance "lib" folder.

Until the NetBeans developers fix it I believe that the only solution is to import some of the JARs inside of the "common/lib" folder (or all them if you don't wanna have head aches). You don't need anything else, only that JARs.

I always did this by hand, for every project, since I didn't know that there were a feature to make "libraries" into NetBeans which can be used on every project, without the need of selecting the JARs every time. Once I discovered this (yeah, I'm still a rookie and didn't know this :P ), I made one "library" called "jboss-common" and added the required JARs. Now, on every new project I only have to select this library from the existing ones and it's done.

I believe that NetBeans should change the name to this feature and call it "Collections of libraries" or "Groups of libraries", because it doesn't consist in making Java libraries, but building lists of libraries which we want to import in a sudden, in just one click.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250769#4250769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250769