[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Stopping and starting EARs from the JMX console

negora do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 20 19:34:31 EDT 2009

Hello:

I've been checking the Wiki documentation and also searching these forums in order to find information about this issue, but every answer seemed to be more general and didn't focused on EARs in concrete.

Checking the documentation of the JMX console I've been able to restart web applications (contained into WARs) and also independent EJBs. Everything worked fine. However, playing for an hour with the JMX console I haven't been able to find anything related restart whole EARs (and thus, remap entity classes, etc.)

I've always performed the reload operation either hiding and un-hiding the EAR file/folder (making a batch file which renamed it with one point as first character and then removed it) or using the GNU program "touch" on the descriptor file of the EAR, updating its timestamp (on Windows too, thanks to the GnuWin32 project). Basically I forced the hot redeployment in both cases. However I believe that using the JMX console is more... Convenient and elegant.

Thanks to JBoss 5 I've recently tested the new Administration Console, which allows me to perform this task. However, I still wanna know if the JMX console can do the same, since I use JBoss 4 on production.

Can anyone help me? Thank you very much in advance.

PD: On the Wiki I read http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/RedeployFromTheJMXConsole, but the list appears to be empty in my case.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250773#4250773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250773