[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Custom InvokerInterceptor

chrismeadows do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 21 06:05:49 EDT 2009

I'm bumping this as I would be very interested in the response from JBoss themselves. The original questions raised by Ben are highly relevant to the last two JBoss based projects I've worked on, and I'm now hitting it on a 3rd.

Would it be possible for JBoss to give a statement on what is the recommended approach to load balancing calls when client and session bean are both inside the container, and that container is clustered?

I found a response to this thread on techienuggets http://www.techienuggets.com/Comments?tx=52347 as follows:

anonymous wrote :
  | think you'll want to modify the EJB stack defined in server/all/deploy/ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml.
  | You can add your custom interceptor or simply remove/comment-out the "IsLocal" interceptor.
  |
  | For example, if you want to make the change for clustered stateless session beans the applicable section could look like this:
  |
  | <!-- interceptor-ref name="org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.ClusteredIsLocalInterceptor"/ -->
  | <interceptor-ref name="org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor"/>
  | <interceptor-ref name="org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor"/>
  | <interceptor-ref name="org.jboss.aspects.remoting.ClusterChooserInterceptor"/>
  | <interceptor-ref name="org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor"/>
  |

  | Notice the commented out ClusteredIsLocalInterceptor.
  |
  | I've been trying to do the exact same thing as you (i.e. cluster ejbs called from within the same JBoss 4.2.3 server). And I just figured this out today. I think it does what I want, but haven't fully "exercised" it in any way. Let me know if this helps.
  |
  | -Randy

Could JBoss verify the above as a valid or even recommended approach?

Regards,

Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4250839#4250839

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4250839