[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Users] - Deploy AOP to jboss 5.1

kgreenejpmc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 24 14:53:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get my aop deployed to jboss 5.1.  I have written an annotation, aspect, and jboss-aop.xml.  I have verified that the aspect code gets executed when a method is annotated with the JobFlow annotation through eclipse.

However, when deploying the code to jboss, the annotation has no effect.

I did the following to deploy the aop:
  1.  jar up the annotation and aspect into a jar file and deploy it to farm
  2.  deploy the jboss-aop.xml and deploy it to farm
  3.  set enableLoadtimeWeaving in aop.xml to true
  4.  copied pluggable-instrumentor.jar to the bin directory and modified run.sh to include -javaagent:pluggable-instrumentor.jar

Then I also deployed as a separate jar class that use the annotations.  However, the aop is not being applied.

I can run a test outside of jboss that has the annotation and see that the aop is being applied.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251271#4251271

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251271