[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Isolation woes...

bdamato do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 26 10:11:23 EDT 2009

I've read through the ClassLoadingUseCases wiki and the ClassLoadingConfiguration and can't seem to find a definitive answer to my problem. Here is a simplified version of my scenario:

2 webapps deployed as wars
-deploy/webapp1.war
-deploy/webapp2.war

1 application containing common code deployed as an ear.
-deploy/shared.ear

I would like the code in the wars to be able to see and use the code in the ear, but I would not like the code in the ear to be able to see the code in the wars.

I want to keep the webapps outside of the ear for hot deployment reasons (we actually have 50 different webapps running and it would be ideal if I can hot deploy them independently).

I found the "loader-repository" stuff that can be added to the jboss-app.xml and the jboss-web.xml and that allowed my webapps visibility into the ear, but it also allowed the ear to see into the wars, so I think I need a different solution.

Thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251810#4251810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251810