[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Initialcontext.lookup fails

tjansto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 26 17:08:16 EDT 2009

afternoon again,
i have a remote swing app that connects via https to a web server that proxies all requests to our brand spanking new jboss 5.1as instance.  i can open up a browser and see a proper (i believe) response for the following url:  https://my.server.com/invoker/JNDIFactory.  if i look at the data returned, i can see that it is http invoker proxy returned in the response is looking at https://my.appserver.com:8443/invoker/JMXInvokerServlet.  (my.server.com is the web side that proxies all requests to the my.appserver.com application server.) i can then hit https://my.server.com/invoker/JMXInvokerServlet and get back a response that, again, appears to be legit.  when i do this in the context of my swing client, i get the following error:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Opeation failed [Root exception is java.rmi.ServerException: IOE; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server]

the invoker configuration for the client is the same as i have used for years with the jboss 4.x platform, so i don't thing that is at fault.  what i am not sure of is how to further debug what i am sure is a configuration problem in the new 5.1 instance.  this sounds like there was a failure in the negotiation of the ssl protocol, as all data transferred between the app server and web server, and web server and client is ssl encrypted, but i again, i am not sure where to start digging...

again, thanks for the help in advance,
tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251907#4251907

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251907