[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Fail to get tables by a remote Datasource deployed in JBOSS

poweryoung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 27 00:06:46 EDT 2009

Hi, all:

    I try to use DatabaseMetaData to get all tables and views from a Oracle database. But exception is thrown at the red line. You can see that I look up a remote DataSource and get connection from the data source. But if I use DriverManager.getConnection(url, user, pwd) way to get connection. This issue does not exist. I can get all the tables and views successfully...

      Any help from you will be much appreciated!

public class Test {

  |     public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
  |
  |         Properties props = new Properties();
  |
  |         props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://10.111.3.161:1099");
  |
  |         props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |
  |         Context ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  |
  |         DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("OracleDS");
  |
  |         Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
  |
  |         DatabaseMetaData dbmd = conn.getMetaData();
  |
  |         ResultSet rs = dbmd.getTables(null, "%", "%", new String[] { "TABLE", "VIEW" });
  |
  |     }
  |
  | }

  Exception:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy3

    at $Proxy2.getTables(Unknown Source)

    at Test.main(Test.java:62)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4251946#4251946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4251946