[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Users] - Re: Role based landing page/portal for user

vivek_saini07 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 27 12:08:21 EDT 2009

Well... 4 months old thread!! what made u posting here after so long time??

Had you asked me it four months back, I would have told u this in more detail as I had lots of time (and energy) at that time.

In short, we did it by modifying customizationManagerService. There are number of threads in this forum explaining how to do this.

In that class somewhere it is written that a portal named "Template" would always be copied to dashboard of logged in user.

U can change that piece, some conditional tweak........... on certain condition copy this portal ....otherwise copy some other portal.

We maintained a table in DB that had mapping between users and their portal.

And after doing all this, there is a property in property file of "conf" folder (this is documented in reference guide) by setting that property user will always land to his dashboard after log-in instead of (public)portal.

Hope this would help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252110#4252110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4252110