[jboss-user] [EJB] - Accessing EJB 2.1 in a isolated EARs

gjeudy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 27 15:41:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to access EJBs in isolated EARs in JBoss 4.2.2.GA in the same server instance. Is it possible to only enable Call by Value semantics for 1 EJB and not for all EJBs deployed in an EAR?

I tried countless combinations and the only one that seemed to work is the below:

I have EJBA in ear1 access EJBB in ear2 both are isolated using loader-repository in their jboss-app.xml:

  | <jboss-app>
  |   <loader-repository>loader=ear1</loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>
  |
  | <jboss-app>
  |   <loader-repository>loader=ear2</loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

enable call by value in the ear-deployer.xml:

  | <attribute name="CallByValue">true</attribute>

EJBA code to access EJBB:

  | Context testcontext = new InitialContext();
  | EJBBHome objref = (EJBBHome)testcontext.lookup("jnp://localhost:1299/ejb/EJBB");
  | log.info("Looked up ejbb:" + objref);
  | objref.create().doSomething();

The call succeeds but as soon as I set CallByValue=false, I get:

  | 2009-08-27 15:25:00,401 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackException in method: public abstract testearisolation.ear2.EJBB testearisolation.ear2.EJBBHome.create() throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException, causedBy:
  | javax.ejb.EJBException: Invalid invocation, check your deployment packaging, method=public abstract testearisolation.ear2.EJBB testearisolation.ear2.EJBBHome.create() throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException

I could use my working solution but then if I understand correctly it means all EJBs for all EARs under this server instance will use Call By Value semantics regardless if its 2 EJBs talking to each other in the same EAR...

Please correct me if im wrong.

Thanks
-Guillaume

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252132#4252132