[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal Users] - Re: How to implement BreadCrumb

TomHombergs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 28 04:30:05 EDT 2009

I have implemented breadcrumbs as a separate Portlet to be included in the content area of my layout.

The portlet merely iterates from the current PortalNode up to the PortalNode representing the portal itself and outputs the links.

Simplified, you could do the following in your BreadCrumbPortlet's doView-Method (untested):

  | PortalNode pageNode = Navigation.getCurrentNode().getParent();
  | while (pageNode.getType() != PortalNode.TYPE_PORTAL) {
  |   String pageUrl = pageNode.createURL(Navigation.getPortalRuntimeContext()).toString());
  |   response.getWriter().println("<a href="+pageUrl+">"+pageNode.getDisplayName(request.getLocale())+"</a>");
  |   pageNode = pageNode.getParent();
  | }

I implemented it using JSF, however.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252216#4252216