[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss server hangs in state

Oliver Roell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 31 04:36:16 EDT 2009

This is the content of my jboss42.serverdef file:

		${port}
		Http
		http

Are these values correct?

When I start JBoss within Eclipse, I can view the JMX Agent View in the browser with the URL http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/

I have found the following information in a forum: "Eclipse never recognizes that the server has started. I had this problem for weeks and finally figured out that (at least for me) the host name and address had to be identical. I had hostname:localhost; address"127.0.0.1" and it would not work. I changed both to 127.0.0.1 and voila!"

But I have changed the localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the server-overview, and it does not work.
Is there another place in Eclipse where I must change localhost to 127.0.0.1 ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4252542#4252542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4252542