[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Default value for transaction-type in persistence.xml

longbeach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 1 11:46:04 EST 2009

Hi,

it seems to me that there is a lot of confusion in the default value of the transaction-type attribute of the persistence-unit tag in the persistence.xml file.

What is the default value of this file ? JTA or RESOURCE_LOCAL ?
Does it depend on the environment : Java SE or JAVA EE ?

That is what this documentation for Apache Geronimo states :
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/persistencexml.html
anonymous wrote :
  | In general, in Java EE environments, a transaction-type of RESOURCE_LOCAL assumes that a non-JTA datasource will be provided. In a Java EE environment, if this element is not specified, the default is JTA. In a Java SE environment, if this element is not specified, a default of RESOURCE_LOCAL may be assumed.

What is the behaviour of that attribute in JBoss 5.1.0 GA ?

Thanks for enlightening me and other people i am sure.

Celinio Fernandes

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4268345#4268345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4268345