[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss and Sockets

komyg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 2 11:33:31 EST 2009

Hi, I am new to JBoss and I need to develop a scalable application that should function as a Web Service. Furthermore all of the requests and responses to and from this application should be inside a transaction.

Reding through the net, I saw that JBoss has built in scalability and transaction support.

However, even though the traditional way to develop my application would be by using Web Services, I have some concerns about its performance, because since this application should deal with a really big amount of requests in a very short amount of time, the time spent in creating, parsing, etc the Web Service's XMLs can become an issue.

Therefore I was thinking of using a socket to handle the communication between the client and the server applications.

So I would like to know if there is a way to open tcp sockets to and from JBoss and if those sockets would still be sacalable and transactioned.

Thanks,
Komyg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4268585#4268585

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4268585