[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - EJB 3 1.1.21 bundle released with JBoss AS 6.0.0.M1

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 3 02:40:07 EST 2009

The first and foremost question everybody will ask is: does it contain EJB 3.1 features?
The short answer is: no (keep on reading ;-) ).

"Jason Greene" wrote : JBoss AS 6.0.0.M1 is the first milestone release of the community driven AS 6 series. It includes support for certain key technologies that are part of the EE6 specification. Additional capabilities will be added in future milestones.

  | The new EE standards supported in this release are:
  |  * JSF 2 - Includes major improvements over JSF1 such as AJAX support and integration with Bean Validation.
  |  * Bean Validation (JSR-303) -  Provides centralized validation of model objects accross all tiers (presentation, data, etc).
  |  * CDI [Weld RI] (JSR-299) - Offers an innovative and feature rich context management and dependency injection framework for EE applications.
  |
  | Other major additions include:
  |  * Mod_cluster - An intelligent load balancing solution that integrates with Apache Web Server, and uses appserver heuristics to efficiently balance requests across a JBoss AS cluster.
  |  * Embedded Prototype - A prototype for a new API that launches, configures and deploys against an in-VM JBoss AS instance.
  |  * Many bug fixes and small enhancements listed in the full notes below.
For the complete release notes with working links go to http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/AS600M1ReleaseNotes.

The AS 6 milestones will get additional capabilities as they are released. For EJB 3 we'll start at the baseline EJB 3.0 and release a new capability frequently until we get the full EJB 3.1 in the final AS 6 release. In fact we will not wait for milestones to appear, but we'll use a package manager to install components into the latest milestone (in similar fashion as the plugin).

As for the new technologies that are in 6.0.0.M1, like Bean Validation, I highly recommend you add ConstraintViolationException to your application exception list.
http://wolf-71.blogspot.com/2009/10/constraint-violated-transaction-rolled.html

More information and the download link can be found on Jasons blog entry: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/IntroducingJBossAS600M1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4268680#4268680

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4268680