[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Tuning the MaxThreadPool

jamesireland do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 7 15:27:19 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am developing a JMX based tuning application. I am attempting to monitor the JBoss system threadpool queueSize but for every load I fire against the app server, the queuesize remains at 0.
The JMX attribute is listed below.
Domain: jboss.system Service:ThreadPool Attribute: QueueSize

Can someone please verify that the queueSize can and does exceed zero?
I have reduced the threadpool size in an attempt to back up requests onto the queue but the queueSize still remained at zero.

I would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks for your time,
Best regards,
James