[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging Users] - Re: Conterpart of UIL2XAConnectionFactory?

bershath27 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 9 23:44:30 EST 2009

"bershath27" wrote : "Marco.Pehla" wrote : Hello Howard,
  |   |
  |   | since I didn't wrote the application, I don't know if there's a reason why this special UIL2XAConnectionFactory has been used. The following Wiki page is everything I know so far.
  |   |
  |   | http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/ConfigUIL2
  |   |
  |   | I hope it helps.
  |   |
  |   |
  |   | With kind regards,
  |   | Marco
  |
  | AFAIK this is possible adding a JNDI. Reference in jms-ds.xml

The UIL2XAConnectionFactory isn't used in JBossMessaging. In JBossMQ, the connection factories are named with having the invocation layer used for each connection factory.

The "UIL2" indicates that the given connection factory is using UIL2 layer for transport/invocations. This is just a wrapper for the XAConnection factory. However, in JBM we're using remoting and we don't use the former notation in JBM.

Since you don't/can't change your application's source code, simply add a JNDI binding on the ConnectionFactory, which is defined at connection-factories-service.xml.
UIL2XAConnectionFactory

eg :
   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory"
  |       name="jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ConnectionFactory"
  |       xmbean-dd="xmdesc/ConnectionFactory-xmbean.xml">
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="Connector">jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=bisocket</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
  |
  |       <attribute name="JNDIBindings">
  |          <bindings>
  |             <binding>/ConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>/XAConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>java:/ConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>java:/XAConnectionFactory</binding>
  |             <binding>UIL2XAConnectionFactory</binding>  <!-- HERE -->
  |          </bindings>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

Thanks