[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: ClassCastException due to Xerces conflict during app dep

rodos77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 10 11:03:38 EST 2009

This doesn't look like the same problem to me.  The Exception is quite different.  I could be wrong though.

If it is the same problem, as stated in the post, using jboss-classloading.xml doesn't resolve the underlying issue.  Although it is possible to use a jboss-classloading.xm configuration that results in suppressing the Exception, it is equivalent to just removing the xerces jar(s) from your war so you may as well just do that.

The underlying issue has been resolved in the source code as can be seen in the corresponding JIRA, however it is unclear as to when it will actually be released.

If you can't wait for the fix release, you can always apply the patch included in this post, compile that class and drop it in the appropriate jboss jar (all info is contained in the patch).  This is what I did.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270028#4270028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270028