[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: deploy() takes an awefully LONG time

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 10:20:26 EST 2009

"ajaygautam" wrote : "saraswati.santanu" wrote : Ajay,
  |   |    I did not get the first part of your question
  |   |
  |   | anonymous wrote : shouldn't the query actually be performed at the database level !?!?
  |   |
  |   |   The query will be performed at the db only.
  |   |
  |   | Do you mean a db procedure kind of thing? That will have other significant disadvantages. So that query there looks fine.
  |   |
  |   |
  |   |

  | Well... what I meant was that instead of querying for everything, loading everything, then performing a find in java code, shouldn't jBPM be creating a query criteria with the call that goes to the database? I mean, whats the point of loading everything in memory, and searching through it... databases are designed for tasks like these...

It doesn't

    List<ProcessDefinition> existingProcesses = repositorySession.createProcessDefinitionQuery()
  |         .processDefinitionName(processDefinitionName)
  |         .list();

only retrieves those processdefinitions with the same name.In most production environments that will only be a few....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270234#4270234

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270234