[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: TaskQuery w/ ProcessInstanceId possible?

hrworx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 10:26:41 EST 2009

We never really solved this.  As best I can tell, trying to get tasks for an execution or track what is going on by execution kind of goes against the paradigm of jbpm.  Instead, we created assignment handlers etc. that assigned the tasks at the time they are created, then created methods like getTaskByAssignee or getUnassignedTasks, etc to get hold of the tasks.

Even figuring out which execution is the one you want seems somewhat random, so we created this method:

 public Execution findCurrentExecution(Execution execution)
  |     {
  |         // TODO consider whether to throw an ExecutionAlreadyFinishedException
  |         if (execution.getProcessInstance() == null)
  |         {
  |             return execution;
  |         }
  |
  |         return execution.getProcessInstance();
  |     }

Sorry I can't be of more help.  I have not had my jbpm up and running since October because I am stuck in the uncharted waters of trying to get jbpm running with Spring and JTA.  :-(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270236#4270236

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270236