[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to install PHP on JBoss 4.0.3SP1 (Linux)?

sanyok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 11:41:18 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I was wondering if anyone was able to install PHP module on JBoss 4.0.3SP1 (Linux)? Is it at all possible or is an upgrade to version 4.2.x+ required?

I looked at a number of threads here, but hit the wall trying to get it to work.

I downloaded JBoss native from http://www.jboss.org/jbossweb/downloads/jboss-native/?action=a&windowstate=maximized and extracted the package to jboss-4.0.3SP1/bin directory.

I also grabbed PHP module from http://www.jboss.org/jbossweb/downloads/php/?action=a&windowstate=maximized and extracted it to jboss-4.0.3SP1 directory.

I then tried to follow the instructions on this page http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossweb/freezone/modules/php/index.html, but there is no 'jbossweb.sar' in server/default directory. Instead, there's jbossweb-tomcat55.sar which does have server.xml in it, but there's no line mentioned at the above URL ( that contains Classname='org.apache.catalina.servlets.php.LifecycleListener'). There is nothing at all containing 'php' in that file.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be highly appreciated. Please note that I am a n00b to JBoss, so please be as detailed as possible in your answer.

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270259#4270259

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270259