[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Process Step Exception

guancio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 13:40:54 EST 2009

I got the same exception using jbpm 3.2 on JBoss 5. After 4 hours of investigation I've found that my development approach was not correct.

The main cause of the problem was that I was trying to use the JBPM enterprise installation from a Web Application deployed on the same JBoss container. My first attempt was to add the jbpm-identity and jbpm-jpdl jars as J2EE module dependencies and deploy them inside  WEB-INF/lib of my War.

Initially, this step was required to avoid class not found exception while accessing to the jbpm structures.

I think that the java.lang.ClassCastException occurred because the interface of org.jbpm.msg.jms.JmsMessageServiceFactory is not present inside jbpm-identity and jbpm-jpdl jars. Instead the interface is located inside the jbpm-enterprise.jar directory.
Namely, I think that Java run-time raises the exception because jbpm-enterprise.jar is loaded by a different Java class loader.

I solved my problem as follows:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270272#4270272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270272