[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: How to get JBoss and Apache to work together

fsweb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 15:29:19 EST 2009

Thanks for the reply!

I must still not have something configured correctly because now with all that setup I get the nice 404 error when I point the browser to localhost. If I comment it out I can get the It Works! page from Apache but if I try and hit a coldfusion page it will just show all the code.

Anyway, here are my config files.

httpd.conf

  | LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
  | #LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
  | #LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
  | LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
  | #LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
  | LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
  |
  | ProxyRequests Off
  | ProxyPreserveHost On
  |
  | <Proxy *>
  |     Order deny,allow
  |     Allow from all
  | </Proxy>
  |
  | ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
  | ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
  |
  | <Location />
  |     Order allow,deny
  |     Allow from all
  | </Location>

Virtual host config

  | <VirtualHost *:80>
  |    ServerName devmktgweb.mysite.com
  |    ServerAlias devmktgweb.mysite.com
  |    ProxyPass / http://{IP of the box}:8080/
  |    ErrorLog "logs/devmktgweb.fullsail.com-error.log"
  |    CustomLog "logs/devmktgweb.fullsail.com-access.log" common
  |
  | </VirtualHost>

In my cfusion.war\web.inf\jboss-web.xml

  | <jboss-web>
  | 	<context-root>/</context-root>