[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - Store multiple persistence units in one entity manager facto

newmanw10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 16:27:30 EST 2009

I am a little confused so please bear with me.

I have two persistence units myPU1 and myPU2.  Each is defined in a separate jar file.  I want to get both of these persistence units into JNDI.

I also want both persistence units in the same entity manager factory (if that is possible)

I know that I have to use one of the following properties in my persistence.xml but I am not sure which or if I need both:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | 	xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
  |     http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
  | 	version="1.0">
  |
  | 	<persistence-unit name="myPU1" transaction-type="JTA">
  | 		<jta-data-source>java:myDS</jta-data-source>
  | 		<properties>
  | 			<!-- Store entity manager and factory in global JNDI -->
  |         	<property name="jboss.entity.manager.jndi.name" value="myPU1"/>
  |          	<property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="myPU1"/>
  | 		</properties>
  |
  | 	</persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

I have another file that is identical except for the persistence unit name (myPU2).   Can I bind both of those to the same factory?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270294#4270294

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270294