[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - I have a problem with character display when convert from We

chicken do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 3 03:20:54 EST 2009

Dear all

I am convert a web application from Weblogic to JBoss 4.3.0.

now I can not display character correctly.

I try to make a servlet it gets charset value from charset parameter and displays a java string in corresponding char set:

	public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
  | 			throws ServletException, IOException {
  |
  | 		if (true) {
  | 			String cs = request.getParameter("charset");
  | 			System.out.println("CS. : " + cs);
  | 	        response.setContentType("text/html; charSet=" + cs);
  | 	        response.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html; charSet=" + cs);
  | 	        PrintWriter out1 = response.getWriter();
  | 	        String tmp = "some Korean characters: 페이게이트 결제 ";
  | 	        out1.println(tmp);
  |
  | 			return;
  | 		}
  | 	}
I tested the sevlet with different input char set: UTF-8, EUC-KR, ... but I did not success!

if you have experience with this problem, please give me some suggestions to solve it.

Thank in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4206448#4206448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4206448