[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Information about JBoss cache vs database

amar.trnka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 4 10:42:13 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm using JBoss-4.2.2.GA and JBoss-messaging-1.4.0.SP3. I have created a new queue: 'TestQueue'. Sending messages through this queue can be stopped and started by user. User will be sending a large amount of messages trough the TestQueue. I have configured JBoss Messaging to store messages to Oracle database.

Trick is: when sending messages is on, there is no need to store messages to database, because they just go through the queue and are consumed by the message listener (they shouldn't be stored in database because of performance issues). When sending messages is off, all new messages should be stored in the database. When sending messages service is stopping, messages that were temporarily in the memory should be stored into the database.

Is there any configurable JBoss trick like JBoss cache or something ?
Can you tell me if this is possible or direct me to some tutorial, link or book that could help me about this issue.

Thank you in forward,

Amar.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207032#4207032

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207032