[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - MySQL in Cluster question

jbabad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 4 12:47:26 EST 2009

Hi,

We're using JBoss 5.0.0.GA with it's JBM and want to use a MySQL cluster as the underlying DataSource.

Currently we're using MySQL 5.0.51 - so the cluster is in-memory.
What will the maximum message size that we can send. I've seen a note on the MySQL site that mentions that there's an 8K limitation on a table row in the cluster. So, question is that the JBM_MSG table stores the headers and payload as blobs and we could be sending TextMessages of 10k characters or more. Would this be a problem?

I'm a bit puzzled as I've managed to send a 10k message through the cluster - but I'm worried whether I'm missing anything.

I have had a bit of a trawl through the forums but couldn't see anything that quite fitted the bill.

As a follow-on question what would be the effect if we could upgrade either to MySQL 5.1.x or possibly to MySQL NDB Cluster 6.x?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207081#4207081