[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Getting a JSF webapp to use UTF-8

Tashtego do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 4 17:07:11 EST 2009

seems I know a bit more than before...

i am developing under windows in german. with german signs. but to be compatible with linux and other developers it seems like I have to save my java files in UTF-8. and to get the pages shown in the browser in UTF-8 you should save it in UTF-8, too.

but the most important part, the properties files with your text, mustnt be saved in utf-8. they stay in ISO-8.... format. then it works.

can anyone tell me why?? how can a iso property file help me with foreign languages? does this make sense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207144#4207144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207144