[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Admin role ignored when fetched from LDAP

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 5 05:41:54 EST 2009

"glwittel-proofpoint" wrote :
  | I found several fixed Portal bugs surrounding the hardcoded Admin role, but its clear that its not fully fixed.
  | e.g.
  |    https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-1733

Greg,

I tried and it seems to work fine. I used LDAP with:
Roles:
- PortalAdmin (contains portaladmin)
- PortalUser (contains portaladmin, portaluser)
Users:
- portaluser
- portaladmin

Tested with 2.7.1 bundle. You are correct that wiki is missing few configuration files but I managed to find all needed occurences with two simple command:

  | find . -name "*.xml" |xargs grep ">Admin<"
  | find . -name "*.xml" |xargs grep ">User<"

Here is a list of files I edited in a bundle to change those default roles and use LDAP. All of the paths are relative to jboss-portal.sar.:

./META-INF/jboss-service.xml
  | ./conf/identity/ldap_identity-config.xml
  | ./portal-wsrp.sar/portal-wsrp-admin.war/WEB-INF/wsrp-object.xml
  | ./portal-wsrp.sar/portal-wsrp-admin.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml
  | ./portal-admin.sar/portal-admin.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml
  | ./conf/data/default-object.xml ./conf/identity/standardidentity-config.xml
  | ./portal-core.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml ./portal-cms.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml
  | ./portal-cms.sar/portal-cms.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml
  | ./portal-identity.sar/portal-identity.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml
  | ./portal-core.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml ./portal-identity.sar/conf/identity-ui-configuration.xml

Actually few of those changes are probably unnecessary, but it is a very quick list...
Dashboard, dashboard configuration and Admin portal were showing up.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207270#4207270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207270