[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: JAAS problem with LoginModule

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 5 09:47:30 EST 2009

Hi,

please provide full code of your login module (e.g. the base class).

I built a custom login module once, and it looked like this:
 public class MyLoginModule extends UsernamePasswordLoginModule
  | {
  |
  |   public void initialize(Subject subject, CallbackHandler callbackHandler,
  |      Map sharedState, Map options)
  |   {
  |     super.initialize(subject, callbackHandler, sharedState, options);
  |
  |     ...initialize module according to config from "options"....
  |
  |   }
  |
  |   /**Get roles of current user
  |    * @return An Array of user roles roles
  |    */
  |   protected Group[] getRoleSets() throws LoginException
  |   {
  |       Group[] groups = { new SimpleGroup("Roles") };
  |
  |       String user = super.getUsername();
  |
  |       //Get roles for user:
  |       SimplePrincipal role = new SimplePrincipal("role_of_user");
  |       groups[0].addMember(role);
  |       return groups;
  |   }
  |
  |   /**Get password of current user
  |    * @return Password of user
  |    * @throws LoginException If user was not found
  |    */
  |   protected String getUsersPassword() throws LoginException
  |   {
  |      String user = super.getUsername();
  |      if (user.equals ("root") )
  |      {
  |         return "rootpassword";
  |      }
  |   }

I think you should not override method "login", but "getRoleSets" and "getUsersPassword"

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207364#4207364

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207364