[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Admin role ignored when fetched from LDAP

glwittel-proofpoint do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 5 12:11:29 EST 2009

Thanks Boleslaw,

When I originally tried this on my last post it did not work.  I tried again and it still didn't.  However, I came across a document:
    http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9821
that indicated I might have to delete the Portal databases (Hypersonic and CMS) under: default/data/portal/.  After stopping the server, removing default/data/portal,  then restarting.  The renamed admin roles worked.

In case others get stuck  -- with the find commands , you only want to change the role related XMl elements, and not <type>User</type> fields as the type ones refer to objects and not roles.

Perhaps the Portal documentation needs a more complete howto?  Or better yet, a single place where the default roles Admin and User can be globally renamed.

-Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207439#4207439

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207439