[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Upgrading AS5 to use messaging 1.4.2.GA

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 5 12:52:59 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : What is the correct procedure for upgrading messaging on AS5?

You first need to get a correct release, compiled for JBoss5. This is because of AOP dependencies as the byte weaving is different on both versions.

JBossMessaging 1.4.2 was compiled for JBoss 4.2, if you want to install JbossMessaging 1.4.2 on Jboss5 you need to follow these procedures:

- svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/messaging/tags/JBossMessaging_1_4_2_GA/ jbm14

- cd jbm14

- change build.properties to AS5

- ant release-bundle

You will have the release under ./jbm14/release and a zip-file under ./output

- Replace any jboss-messaging.jar or jboss-messaging-client.jar on jboss5 tree by the ones under ./release

- Make sure you also use the configs from ./example/config

(That will include YOURDB-persistence-service.xml and remoting-bisocket-service.xml)

A warning though:

When we released JBM 1.4.2, we validated the configs for JBoss 4.2 as part of our release process. I don't think you would have an issue, but you should be aware and do some basic tests.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207449#4207449

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207449