[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Memory issues with JBoss 4.2.2.GA

bngsvcs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 6 10:24:30 EST 2009

I have JBoss 4.2.2.GA installed on Win 2003 Server along with MySQL 5.0 and Apache 2.0.  Nearly 2 weeks ago I deployed my Java application and the website went live.

We had over 500,000 hits the first day and have had as many as 750,000 hits in a day since.  I have also encountered numerous memory problems.  The memory problems have varied from out of heap to GC out of memory.

After a great deal of research I have the JVM parameter in run.conf set to:

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024M -Xmx2048M --XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC"

I am still having memory problems.

If I bring up the JBoss web console it tells me I have 123M of free memory.  I have monitored the service and it shows a minimum allocation of 64M of memory and never goes above 128M.

I did go back and modify run.bat with the same parameters as above and the results did not change.

I realize I may still need to tune the settings for proper use of the heap but I first need to see that JBoss is receiving a better allocation of space.

My owner is giving me holy he## at the moment.  I need to get this monster tuned so that it stops running out of memory but I can't seem to make a difference in how much space it is being allocated.

What am I doing wrong here????

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207752#4207752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207752