[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Full server capabilities only on localhost?

bmelloni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 6 11:34:14 EST 2009

I am a bit puzzled.  I installed jBoss Tools to improve my ability to manage and deploy to the jBoss servers (local and remote DEV server).

I am able to setup and use the full capabilities for the localhost server, but any time I try to refer to the remote server instead of localhost all of the jBoss options disappear except for deployOnly.

Is this a limitation?  Or did I miss a configuration step?

Also, I noticed that all paths (including the temporary and deploy paths for remote servers) are relative to my PC.  This means that all of the paths have to be mountable and accessible from my PC.  It works, but feels wrong... in most networks the temporary path might be visible over the LAN, but the jBoss deploy folder should typically be only visible from the server itself.

Again, is this a limitation of the current implementation?  Or did I misinterpret something?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207781#4207781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207781