[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Failed to connect to localhost:1099

rasa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 7 06:03:07 EST 2009

Hi,

I am using jboss 3.2.5 application server for my application and its working fine. But recently my admin configured the same in some other machine and he can able to start the server using run script, when he tries for stop by using ./shutdown.sh -S it gives following error.

 ./shutdown.sh -S
16:40:19,463 WARN  [NamingContext] Failed to connect to localhost:1099
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:213)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1185)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:516)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:188)
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:187)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:310)
        at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:212)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:69)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:62)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:183)
        ... 5 more
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1198)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:516)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:188)

I tried telnet localhost 1099, its not working. gives connection refused error. So anything wrong in jboss configuration. Please help me to find a solution.

Thanks And Regards
Rasa

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207916#4207916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207916