[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Dashboard configuration - drag and drop

diparc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 9 15:55:04 EST 2009

following is what we use -

JBoss Portal Version: 2.6.7
AS version: EAP 4.3

I do not use the admin UI at all to do any configurations. I configure the portal using xml files so that they can be promoted to different environments(from Dev to QA to Production).

I have used portlet.xml, portal.xml, portal-object.xml, portlet-instances.xml. Also, I have custom layouts and themes defined again using portal-layouts.xml and portal-themes.xml. All works well.

Next, I would like to have drag and drop functionality on the portal pages. I know that drag n' drop is only available on the dashboard and there is a URL to copy the page to the user's dashboard. however, I would like to do this through xml files/programatically. I do not want to use the admin UI to do this. what i want to do is simple, copy the page to the dashboard the first time he accesses his dashbord and always point user to his dashboard.

is there a way to do this - through xml files or programmatically?

thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208286#4208286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208286