[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: My MdB receives the same message again and again

schausson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 10 03:39:10 EST 2009

Well I finally made it work by moving most of my processing code in a SLSB that is invoked from my MdB, and for which I can tune transactions : I set a 100000 seconds timeout on the entry point method, and set a REQUIRES_NEW transaction attributes on other methods to split my processing in multiple 'small' transactions.

As a conclusion, the issue was following :
1 - transaction timeout seems to be not supported for MdB
2 - REQUIRES_NEW is unavailable for MdB methods and does not allowed me to break my long-running process into multiple transactions.

PS : The messageDrivenContext can be injected using the @Resource annotation (instead of overriding the setter method (EJB2.X old way...) that was not called by the container anyway)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208395#4208395

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208395