[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Classloading failure in a new thread started from the cl

chtimi2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 10 07:01:38 EST 2009

Thread.setContextClassLoader()
What is the correct way to get a handle to the application ClassLoader (ear ClassLoader)? I couldn't find the info anywhere. I also tried to use

  | UnifiedClassLoader ucl = (UnifiedClassLoader) Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
  | String earPath = "file:/opt/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/all/deploy/[MyApplication].ear";
  | URL earURL = new URL ( earPath );
  | ucl.addURL ( earURL );

but to no avail (the UCl's URL property was still null no matter what).

Also is there an intrinsic problem with not using the <loader-repository> parameter? Outside of the fact you can't specify isolation of course but if you don't is it a bad practice?

Maybe it doesn't do what i think it does?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208506#4208506

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208506