[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Full server capabilities only on localhost?

bmelloni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 10 10:25:05 EST 2009

1) I see that it is difficult to do remote Start since you have nothing that you can be sure is listening.  In Unix servers you might be able to use SSH as a way to access the remote server.  I am not sure about windows.

3) I meant:
3a) Admins are likely to expose 'a folder' to the network (where the temporary copy from developer's PC to server computer can happen).
3b) Admins are NOT likely to expose the 'deploy' folder to the network.  Most will flat out refuse, citing security reasons.
3c) If 3b is the case, only a process running on the server computer can move the file, because processes running on the developer's PC cannot see that folder.
3d) A web service would allow executing the move from temporary to deploy folder, since the process would be running on the server computer and have access to both folders.  Any other mechanism that executes the move using the CPU of the server would work just as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208624#4208624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208624