[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: DeploymentException: Web mapping already exists for depl

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 07:27:45 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : I changed "context-root" in jboss-web.xml but whenver i deploy WAR file again , this message " Web mapping already exists for deployment URL file " will occure.

As noted in my previous reply:
anonymous wrote :
  | By default. there is a ROOT.war in the deploy folder of JBoss which gets bound to / context. Earlier versions of JBoss did not throw an exception when some other application too tried binding its context to /. But looks like JBoss-5GA is stricter (which i believe is good) in this. So i would recommend you  remove the ROOT.war from the deploy folder

You will have to remove the ROOT.war folder or rename ROOT.war to something else (ex: JBossRoot.war)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209002#4209002

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209002