[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Deployment contextual information

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 15:45:29 EST 2009

Do deployments have a notion of contextual information?  Like, deployment X is associated with context classloader Y or security context Z?

I'm struggling with this idea in the Threads module.  The case I'm thinking of is that say you have two deployments, X and Y.  They both use the same thread pool.  But they need to have different contextual information - context classloader is just one example; logging context might be another, or security context or even something trivial like a temporary name attached to the thread name or something like that.  When each deployment runs a task, that task should be run with the proper contextual information set.

Is there any provision for accessing deployment contextual information at a MC level?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209230#4209230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209230