[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Should I front Tomcat with Apache

kumasan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 18:07:55 EST 2009

I personally don't think so pal.

I think you've answered your question.  The fact you do not need to clustering, load balancing, etc right now then don't worry about it.

I also read some where that having apache fronting request for tomcat in single server environment is slower than tomcat facing public directly.

And let me give you a head up.  You are using exact same version of JBoss AS we are using.  That means as soon as you integrate your JBoss instance with apache web server, you'll get the exact same problem we are facing right now. See below:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWEB-82

So like I said, I personally don't recommend it for your case.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209288#4209288

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209288