[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: installation questions on XP home.

kishjeff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 22:27:57 EST 2009

"PeterJ" wrote : Try the steps to replace the serverdef file again, they worked for me.

Thanks PeterJ ..

I must be grabbing the wrong fixed serverdef, or not have the environment I thought I did, because I still get:

 Missing classpath entry C:\Apps\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\lib\mail.jar
when I try to add a jboss server.

These are the eclipse steps:
click on menu window : show view : servers
a server tab is visible next to tasks, problems etc at the bottom.
I right click and select 'new : server'
a dialog comes up

I click on jboss and it expands showing 3 versions of JBoss.
I double click on JBoss v5.0
the next button becomes available and I click on it
the dialog now says 'New JBoss runtime'
   at the top is also says  Missing classpath entry
   there are 2 edit fields.
   one field says default jre
   one field says /your_server_root/appservers/jboss
   I replace the text in the second edit field with this:
      C:\Apps\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.GA
   the text at the top says now:
       Missing classpath entry C:\Apps\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\lib\mail.jar

I do see this line in the serverdef file:

and I verified on the file system that mail.jar is in
C:\Apps\JBoss\jboss-5.0.0.GA\common\lib

so I'm just a bit perplexed. I did start with "eclipse -clean"

thanks for any observations... I do know sometimes I'm incredibly careless and it can be sooo costly.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209328#4209328

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209328