[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Need Help: Issues with Deploying with Spring and Hibernate

waimeng72 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 12 04:31:01 EST 2009

Hello All,

I am new to JBoss am porting an Application Running in Weblogic to JBoss developed with SpringFramework.

I have created a JNDI in JBoss and when I tried to deploy my application, the following error shows up

anonymous wrote : org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are: PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource' nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
  | Caused by:org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessException details (1) are: PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource': no matching editors or conversion strategy found Caused by:
  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource] to required type [javax.sql.DataSource] for property 'dataSource': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

Sorry for the lengthy excerpt from my logs, but I have highlighed what i think is the main error message.

Below is an excerpt from the applicationContext.xml:

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
  |    <property name="jndiName">
  |       <value>java:/jdbc/myDB</value>
  |    </property>
  | </bean>

I followed the guide and created a oracle-ds.xml and with a simple jsp successfully tested  the connection to the Oracle Database. There were no errors when running this simple test page in the console and the above-mentioned errors only started showing up when i deployed the war file I am attempting to port to JBoss.

I was wondering if someone could give me some hints as to what i should do? I have searched the web but could not find any inkling on how to resolve this. Many thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209394#4209394

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209394