[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Multiple actions within an event

richiethom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 12 11:05:18 EST 2009

Hi,

My business analyst has designed a process whereby I have the following in the process definition:

  | <state name="syntax-validation">
  | 	<event type="node-enter">
  | 		<action name="High Level Syntax Validation" class="com.myproject.HighLevelSyntaxValidationAction" />
  | 		<action name="Detailed Syntax Validation" class="com.myproject.DetailedSyntaxValidation"/>
  | 	</event>
  | 	<transition to="final-validation" name="passed">
  | 		<action name="Persist Entity" class="com.myproject.PersistEntityAction"></action>
  | 	</transition>
  | 	<transition to="entity-rejected" name="rejected"></transition>
  | </state>

How do two actions decide between them where to transition to?

My guess is that the first action either specifies a transition (ie the entity being persisted has failed its high level validation) or doesn't specify one at all - effectively falling through - in which case the entity has passed its high level validation and the detailed validation should decided on the transition, but this doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any pointers to examples or somewhere in the documentation that would cover this?

Cheers

Rich

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209601#4209601

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209601