[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: update process definition instead of creating new versio

zoegraddy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 18 15:43:37 EST 2009

I also have the need to distinguish between deploying a new version of a process definition and updating an existing one.

We are currently moving our workflow logic out of our session beans and into process definitions.  I'm certain that our process definition will at first contain bugs that we'll want to quickly fix and have all currently 'in flight' process instances use the patched definition.

Also, I know my client and the one thing we can count on is changes to the workflow - sometimes it will make sense to only have new processes get the updated definition, but other times they will want existing instances to use the 'updated' process definition.

I've read that the preferred option is to 'migrate process instances' to the new definition, but cannot find any details about how to go about doing that.  Are we supposed to modify the jbpm database's tables directly?

I appreciate any light that someone can shed on this subject.

Zoë

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211270#4211270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211270