[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: update process definition instead of creating new versio

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 10:35:37 EST 2009

"zoegraddy" wrote : I've read that the preferred option is to 'migrate process instances' to the new definition, but cannot find any details about how to go about doing that.  Are we supposed to modify the jbpm database's tables directly?

For jBPM 3? Yes, since you can only be the one that knows for sure what changed and what not etc...

But...Bernd Rücker from Camunda has written a nice article on versioning in a broader scope. See

http://www.bpm-guide.de/2008/10/16/jbpm-deployer-for-jbpm-in-enterprise-environments/

In which he states:

anonymous wrote :
  | Note that if you have a patch in the process definition, running process instances keep running in their versions! If you want to migrate them to the new version this can be done by writing some "migration script", which can be implemented by a jBPM Command (see Command ApiDoc), a good starting point is the ChangeProcessInstanceVersionCommand. This can be (more or less) easily extended to maybe take Groovy scripts for process migration or anything else that make sense in your environment.

Hope this helps (little at least)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211521#4211521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211521