[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Blocking call from Java to jBPM workflow

hkapoor@ciber.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 12:29:19 EST 2009

I understand that processInstance.signal();  is a blocking call till first wait state, I apologize for incomplete post. I am looking for a call that blocks until the workflow is over. Use case is as follows:
BusinessProcess that I am implementing includes webservice orchestration (done through BPEL) and human intervention activities (done through jPDL). The need is to crisply segregate Webservice orchestration from workflow management, so that workflow engine can be changed without affecting orchestration and vice versa. For this the workflow has been wrapped as a SOAP service and is being used in orchestration. The requirement is such that business process does not finish until workflow is completed, that is why I am looking for a call that blocks until workflow ends, is there one ?.
Or can I implement this by creating a java class that sends out signal to start workflow and at the same time register a call back handler for end event. This call back handler when invoked sends response back to the invoker.

-Harshit

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211582#4211582

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211582