[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - JBT Nightly Deleting project does not clean up metadata

bdlink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 13:08:59 EST 2009

Deleted a project created with new seam project (ear).  Eclipse 3.4.1 builds deployment in .metadata\.plugins\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core\JBoss_4.2_Server\deploy, including data source xml files.  When I delete the project (right click on project and select delete), checking to delete all files, the project remains configured on the server (in the JBoss server view and also in the Add and remove Projects window).  The metadata in org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core also remains.

Shouldn't this data also be deleted?  I would expect that deleting a project also deletes any derived files as well.

I would think it is reasonable for JBT to remove the project from the server as well, since it should no longer exist (even if associated files have not been deleted).  Is there another box to check to make this happen.  I do not like cleaning up using the file explorer, because there may be other configuration I do not know about and may leave the tools in an inconsistent state.

If the project is left deployed, there is concern that creating a new project with the same name will be corrupted with previous project residue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211598#4211598

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211598