[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Migration of EJB3 to JBoss5 from JBoss4.2.2

kkoster do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 20 08:30:22 EST 2009

I am moving a number of EJB3 beans from JBoss 4.2.2 to JBoss 5.0.0. After making the annotation alterations (everything is being handled by annotation, no xml deployment descriptors), I repackaged everything in the same manner that I did under 4.2.2.

The first thing that struck me was that it looks like the .ejb3 file extension is no longer recognized by the deployers. I altered the extension to .jar and re-deployed.

I am now getting class not found errors from the deployment. My packaging contains jars of my core classes nested within the jar and a manifest referring to the jars

e.g. (pseudo package)

  | ejb3.jar
  | META-INF
  |         MANIFEST.MF (w/Class-Path referring to core jars)
  |     ejb.classes
  |     lib
  |       core.jars

Under 4.2.2 this deployed without an issue. However, it looks like 5.0.0 no longer recognizes the Class-Path or does not unbundle the jar file in the same fashion as 4.2.2.

Is this the case? If it is, is there a workaround for this packaging scenario?

Thanks,
Karl

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211797#4211797

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211797