[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Second levele caching: Database connection issue in load tes

preddy1104 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 23 00:07:02 EST 2009

I am new to JBoss caching and trying to use second level caching with ejb3 entity beans. By looking at the document I have configured my entity bean to use jboss caching as second level caching. It is failing in load testing. I am getting an error related to database connection availablity.

Using JBoss Cache 3.0.2

Configurations used:

I have configured persistence.xml with the following properties
name="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache" value="true"
name="hibernate.cache.provider_class" value="org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TreeCacheProviderHook" name="hibernate.treecache.mbean.object_name" value="jboss.cache:service=EJB3EntityTreeCache" name="hibernate.cache.region_prefix" value="myTestRegion"

At the entity, I have mentioned to cache the entity through an annotation
@Cache(region="myRegion", usage = CacheConcurrencyStrategy.READ_ONLY)

Database connection pool size is configured for max of 5 connections. While load testing, after few requests been served, application is throwing an error related to data base connection(Connection not avaialable).

Any configuration that I am missing?
When entity is configured for caching, why it is looking for the database connection? is that entity still holding back the database connection?

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212125#4212125

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212125